complain.<!DOCTYPE html> <html lang="en" dir="ltr"> <head> <meta charset="utf-8"> <title> fruit

The Law Society is a designated professional body for the purposes of the Financial Services and Markets Act 2000, but responsibility for regulation and complaints handling has been separated from the Law Society's representative functions.

The Solicitors Regulation Authority is the independent regulatory body of the Law Society, and the Legal Ombudsman is the independent complaints-handling body in respect of all legal professionals in England and Wales, including solicitors.


If you are not happy with the way our firm is conducting your case on your behalf, or if you have any concerns generally about the case, then please let us know.

Our firm relies almost exclusively upon personal recommendation for business and we are always anxious to ensure that all of our clients are happy with the service we provide.

You may raise any problems direct with the lawyer handling your case or with either of the partners in the practice. Their details appear on the firm's headed notepaper.

The firm's designated complaints-handling partner is Jeremy Bate.

We will repond to a complaint within 14 days.

What to do if we cannot resolve your complaint

If we cannot resolve the problem then you may refer the matter to the Legal Ombudsman, the body which deals with complaints against lawyers in England and Wales.

They will look at your complaint independently and it will not affect how we handle your case.

If you wish to complain to the Legal Ombudsman, then you must do so usually within six months of receiving a final written response to your complaint from us

You may also complain direct to the Legal Ombudsman. This must usually be -

Within one year from the date of the act/omission about which you are complaining occurring; or
within one year from when you should should have known about or become aware that there were grounds for complaint.

You will find more information about this on the ombudsman's website:

Or Call: 0300 555 0333 between 9.00 to 17.00.


Legal Ombudsman PO Box 6806, Wolverhampton, WV1 9WJ

What to do if you are unhappy with our behaviour

The Solicitors Regulation Authority can help if you are concerned about our behaviour. This could be for things like dishonesty, taking or losing your money or treating you unfairly because of your age, a disability or other characteristic.

Visit their website to see how you can raise your concerns with the Solicitors Regulation Authority:

Updated 18 April 2023

Back to homepage